The Galaxy Z Fold 8 is exactly what I’ve wanted in a foldable, but I’m more excited for the Z Fold 9

📅 September 26, 2026  |  🌐 Source: https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-z-fold-8-review-3708629/  |  🏷️ Technology

The Galaxy Z Fold 8 is exactly what I’ve wanted in a foldable, but I’m more excited for the Z Fold 9

The Galaxy Z Fold 8 is exactly what I’ve wanted in a foldable, but I’m more excited for the Z Fold 9 — via https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-z-fold-8-review-3708629/

Samsung launched three foldable phones at its Unpacked event in July, but the Galaxy Z Fold 8 caught my eye and commanded my attention at the company’s pre-briefing. The new foldable differed from the Galaxy Z Fold 8 Ultra and previous Galaxy Folds thanks to its short yet wide form factor.

What Happened

It’s not the first wide foldable phone on the market, as Google, OPPO, and HUAWEI have all offered them before. But Samsung’s is clearly the most popular one running Android, and it comes just as Apple is getting in on the scene, too, with its first-ever foldable and the Galaxy Fold’s de facto biggest rival, the iPhone Duo. I came extremely close to pre-ordering the Z Fold 8, but couldn’t bring myself to hit the checkout button. Now, after two weeks with Samsung’s long-rumored “Wide Fold,” did I make a mistake by not buying the device?

Why It Matters

It’s time to find out in our Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 8 review.

🔑 Key Highlights

  • The new foldable differed from the Galaxy Z Fold 8 Ultra and previous Galaxy Folds thanks to its short yet wide form factor.
  • It’s not the first wide foldable phone on the market, as Google, OPPO, and HUAWEI have all offered them before.
  • But Samsung’s is clearly the most popular one running Android, and it comes just as Apple is getting in on the scene, too, with its first-ever foldable and the Galaxy Fold’s de facto biggest rival, the iPhone Duo.
  • I came extremely close to pre-ordering the Z Fold 8, but couldn’t bring myself to hit the checkout button.
  • Now, after two weeks with Samsung’s long-rumored “Wide Fold,” did I make a mistake by not buying the device?

This is a developing story. Follow the source for live updates and deeper technical context as more details emerge.


⚡ This article was auto-curated from https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-z-fold-8-review-3708629/. All rights and credits belong to the original publisher. This blog aggregates tech news for informational purposes only.

Comments