Is your phone not charging? Try this simple fix before paying for a repair

📅 October 04, 2026  |  🌐 Source: https://www.androidauthority.com/usb-c-port-cleaning-3716899/  |  🏷️ Technology

Is your phone not charging? Try this simple fix before paying for a repair

Is your phone not charging? Try this simple fix before paying for a repair — via https://www.androidauthority.com/usb-c-port-cleaning-3716899/

Credit: Robert Triggs / Android Authority I don’t seem to have much luck with USB-C, and the tech gods have been especially unforgiving lately, with both my smartphone and tablet recently refusing to charge properly with the little omnidirectional connector. With my phone in particular, a USB-C cable just wouldn’t sit right in the port anymore.

What Happened

It always ended up at an odd angle and would fall out after a little while, making charging a real nightmare. I could still charge my phone with some older USB-A to USB-C cables, so I knew it still worked, but fast-charging was just out of the question. You might have experienced something similar, either with the newer USB-C connector or back in the old days of microUSB-powered gadgets.

Why It Matters

It always ended up at an odd angle and would fall out after a little while, making charging a real nightmare. I could still charge my phone with some older USB-A to USB-C cables, so I knew it still worked, but fast-charging was just out of the question. You might have experienced something similar, either with the newer USB-C connector or back in the old days of microUSB-powered gadgets.

🔑 Key Highlights

  • With my phone in particular, a USB-C cable just wouldn’t sit right in the port anymore.
  • It always ended up at an odd angle and would fall out after a little while, making charging a real nightmare.
  • I could still charge my phone with some older USB-A to USB-C cables, so I knew it still worked, but fast-charging was just out of the question.
  • You might have experienced something similar, either with the newer USB-C connector or back in the old days of microUSB-powered gadgets.

This is a developing story. Follow the source for live updates and deeper technical context as more details emerge.


⚡ This article was auto-curated from https://www.androidauthority.com/usb-c-port-cleaning-3716899/. All rights and credits belong to the original publisher. This blog aggregates tech news for informational purposes only.

Comments