Your Samsung Gallery app finally syncs with Google Photos — how to set it up right now

📅 October 04, 2026  |  🌐 Source: https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-gallery-google-photos-sync-how-use-3717795/  |  🏷️ Technology

Your Samsung Gallery app finally syncs with Google Photos — how to set it up right now

Your Samsung Gallery app finally syncs with Google Photos — how to set it up right now — via https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-gallery-google-photos-sync-how-use-3717795/

Credit: Pankil Shah / Android Authority Samsung just changed how Galaxy users back up their photos through the Gallery app. After years of OneDrive integration, Samsung Gallery now syncs with Google Photos instead.

What Happened

That’s great news for anyone who loves Samsung Gallery but keeps Google Photos installed for cloud backup. I’m one of those people, so I had to try this new setup and see exactly how it works, what you get, and — most importantly — what you lose compared to backing up directly through Google Photos.

Why It Matters

That’s great news for anyone who loves Samsung Gallery but keeps Google Photos installed for cloud backup. I’m one of those people, so I had to try this new setup and see exactly how it works, what you get, and — most importantly — what you lose compared to backing up directly through Google Photos.

🔑 Key Highlights

  • After years of OneDrive integration, Samsung Gallery now syncs with Google Photos instead.
  • That’s great news for anyone who loves Samsung Gallery but keeps Google Photos installed for cloud backup.
  • I’m one of those people, so I had to try this new setup and see exactly how it works, what you get, and — most importantly — what you lose compared to backing up directly through Google Photos.

This is a developing story. Follow the source for live updates and deeper technical context as more details emerge.


⚡ This article was auto-curated from https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-gallery-google-photos-sync-how-use-3717795/. All rights and credits belong to the original publisher. This blog aggregates tech news for informational purposes only.

Comments